Why is it so hard to make friends as a mom? Why is it so hard to keep those relationships going? In this episode of the Working Christian Mom podcast, Val Woerner, author of Grumpy Mom Takes A Holiday, chat about friendship and motherhood.<
Val and I chat about:
- Why it’s so hard for moms to make friends.
- Why moms shouldn’t use their kids as a crutch or excuse to keep us from the things God has called us to do.
- Her new books, Grumpy Mom Takes A Holiday and Fresh Start for Moms
My favorite quote:
“I just don’t want to write frenship off in this season of motherhood. I want to enjoy it. I want to basically have lived in that community that God has called us to do.” – Val Woerner
Links mentioned on the show:
- If Gathering
- Fresh Start for Moms
- Grumpy Mom Takes A Holiday
- When People Are Big and God is Small by Edward T. Welch
- Phylicia Masonheimer
- True You by Michelle DeRusha
- Michelle DeRusha on the WCM Podcast
- Val’s first WCM podcast episode where she talks about faith & business.
About our guest: Valerie Woerner is owner of Val Marie Paper and author of Grumpy Mom Takes a Holiday and Fresh Start for Moms. Her mission is to create practical tools, including her original 6-month prompted prayer journal and prayer course that equip women to cut through the noise of everyday life and find fullness of life in the presence of the Lord. She lives in South Louisiana with her husband Tyler and two girls, Vivi and Vana.
Affirmation & Devotional
Submit your email to the right to grab our free 7 day Battle Cry Guide devotional.